Heavenly Wang, the halal chain of coffeeshops by Wang Cafe in Singapore, has released a series of Mod-Sin fusion puffs, croissants and cookies inspired by local flavours.
“Grab & Go” Series
Coined as the “Grab & Go” series, the line-up consists of 11 pastries with a local twist for that familiar yet unique taste.
The pastries available are as follows:
Croissants (S$4.20 each)
- Ondeh-Ondeh Croissant
- Speculoos Crumble Croissant
- Milo Dinosaur Croissant
- Bandung Croissant
Puff Pastries (from S$3.50)
- Rendang Chicken Puff (S$3.50)
- Red Thai Curry Puff (S$3.50)
- Jumbo Sausage Puff (S$3.80)
Cookies (S$2.50 each)
- Oatmeal Raisin
- Chocolate Chunk
- Triple Chocolate
- Red Velvet Chocolate Chip
Super local flavours
Fusion flavoured snacks are not exactly novel at this point, but we still applaud the homegrown brand for keeping up with the times.
We are especially keen on the range of croissants, especially the Milo Dinosaur Croissant that is topped with a heap of the Milo powder, and the Ondeh-Ondeh Croissant that’s topped off with a shower of shredded coconut.
On the savoury side of things, there’s the Rendang Chicken Puff filled with homemade chicken rendang, and the Jumbo Sausage Puff that comes with an Xtra Large cheesy sausage in the middle.
Speaking of local, the brand claims that “these pastries and cookies have been thoughtfully created to pair with Wang’s signature Kopi or Teh”.
We can’t say that we’ve ever tried an Oatmeal Raisin cookie with kopi-o, so let us be the judge of that heavenly pairing.
- Wang-derful Treats (S$3.90):
- 1 Cookie of choice
- 1 Large Coffee/Tea
- Wang-derful Treats (S$4.90):
- 1 Croissant/Puff of choice
- 1 Large Coffee/Tea
- Wang-derful Premium Box (from S$10.50):
- Buy 3 Get 1 Free! Choose from any 4 croissants or puffs
- Wang-derful Cookies Box (S$7.50):
- Buy 3 Get 1 Free! Choose from any 4 cookies
Grab & Go is available at these outlets:
- Heavenly Wang Takashimaya Shopping Centre 391B Orchard Road Ngee Ann City, #B2-30
- Heavenly Wang Plaza Singapura 68 Orchard Road #B2-35/36
- Heavenly Wang KK Hospital 100 Bukit Timah Rd, #01-33A (Women’s Tower)
- Heavenly Wang Marina Bay Financial Centre 12 Marina Boulevard, #02-01/04
- Heavenly Wang Changi Airport Terminal 3 Arrival Meeting Hall North #01-25
- Heavenly Wang Changi Airport Terminal 1 Departure Check In Hall West #02-03/04
- Heavenly Wang Changi Airport Terminal 3A Departure/Transit lounge #02-K5
- Heavenly Wang Hougang 1 Hougang Street 91, #01-22 (Coming Soon!)
- Wang Cafe Thomson Plaza 301 Upper Thomson Road #03-44A/C (non-halal certified outlet)
- Wang Cafe One Marina Boulevard 1 Marina Boulevard NTUC Centre, #B1-02 (non-halal
- certified outlet)
Photos by Heavenly Wang.