We miss Bali, especially the coastal town of Canggu for its energetic cafe scene full of places serving smoothie bowls, juices, coffee, and all-day breakfasts.
If you are anything like us, you will definitely appreciate Mona Bar, a one-month old cafe on Beach Road that is serving a healthy dose of Balinese vibes from its menu to decor.
Smoothie bowls from S$8.50
Of course, we would not call it a Bali-style cafe if there weren’t any smoothie bowls on the menu.
And Mona Bar certainly serves up some aesthetically pleasing smoothie bowls to assuage our Bali withdrawals.
There are currently five smoothie bowls on the menu, with prices starting from S$8.50.
Here’s the smoothie bowl menu:
- Dewi (S$8.50 for Medium, S$9.90 for Large): Mango, Passion Fruit, Banana, Coconut, Strawberries, Blueberries, Chia Seeds, Granola, Coconut Flakes
- Citra (S$8.50 for Medium, S$9.90 for Large): Spinach, Banana, Mango, Coconut, Strawberry, Sunflower Seeds, Coconut Flakes, Chia Seeds
- Kartika (S$9.00 for Medium, S$11.90 for Large): Strawberry, Dragon Fruit, Banana, Coconut, Granola, Coconut Flakes, Chia Seeds, Kiwi, Mango
- Anya Acai (S$9.50 for Medium, S$11.50 for Large): Acai, Mango, Blueberries, Banana, Coconut Milk, Coconut Flakes, Granola, Sunflower Seeds
- Koko (S$9.50 for Medium, S$11.50 for Large): Cocoa, Peanut Butter, Almond Milk, Banana, Strawberry, Granola, Almond, Dark Chocolate
And if you are prefer to customise your own smoothie bowl, well, you can!
Salad/Rice bowls from S$8.50
If smoothie bowls are not your thing, Mona Bar has more substantial items like rice bowls and salad bowls.
Here’s the rice/salad bowl menu:
- Caesar Salad (S$8.50): Lettuce, Egg, Croutons, Parmesan Cheese, Caesar Dressing
- Shredded Chicken Mango (S$9): Baby Leaves, Shredded Chicken Breast, Dried Cranberries, Corn, Mango, Japanese Cucumber, Cherry Tomatoes, Thai Mango Dressing
- Smoked Salmon (S$9.50): Baby Leaves, Smoked Salmon, Edamame Beans, Corn, Carrot, Nori Seaweed, Cherry Tomatoes, Thai Style Dressing
- Terriyaki Salmon (S$9.50): Brown Rice, Terriyaki Salmon, Cucumber, Carrot, Corn, Egg, Nori Seaweed
- Mentaiko Salmon (S$9.50): Brown Rice, Mentaiko Salmon, Egg, Nori Seaweed, Cherry Tomatoes, Edamame, Cucumber
Here’s a reminder to eat clean, guys!
Bali beach interior
The only way to make these smoothies and rice bowls better is to add a tropical vibe so that when we close our eyes, we can almost feel the ocean breeze and cool waves at our feet.
Thankfully, Mona Bar agrees.
They have decked out the space in minimalist white fixtures accented with rustic elements in neutral tones like wicker baskets, pampas grass, and macrame wall decorations.
We can almost smell the beach just by looking at this:
Here’s where to find Mona Bar: 14 Beach Road #01-4667 Singapore 190014
Halal status: Muslim-owned
Opening hours: Daily: 10:00am – 8:00pm
Online orders: mona.sg
Top image by Mona Bar.