Homegrown brand D’Penyetz specialises in ayam penyet (smashed chicken) and has over 120 branches worldwide, including countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei Darussalam, and even Australia.
Today (February 26), the brand announced that it just received the MUIS halal certification for its outlet in Downtown East in Pasir Ris. The outlet opened in October 2020.
Last week, D’Penyetz opened its second outlet here in JEM.
5 sambal levels
D’Penyetz offers a signature dish of ayam penyet but its their variety of sambal (chilli) that is more intriguing.
With 5 levels of spiciness ranging from Mild to Dangerously Spicy, D’Penyetz intends to cater to not just spicy lovers but also people with low spice tolerance.
Check out the levels:
- Level One: Mild Chilli Sauce
- Level Two: Medium Spicy (Minang Green Chilli Sauce)
- Level Three: Normal Spicy (Premium Shrimp Paste Chilli Sauce)
- Level Four: Extra Spicy (Sambal Mercon or Fiery Spicy Red Chilli Sauce)
- Level Five: Dangerously Spicy (Sambal Judes or Dangerously Spicy Chilli Sauce)
Here’s the chart for your reference:
D’Penyetz offers a variety of items on their menu that features predominantly well-loved Indonesian classics.
Here are some of the offerings you can expect:
- D’Penyetz Smashed Chicken (S$7.50)
- Sweet Marinated Black Sauce Chicken (S$7.90)
- Smashed Chicken Cutlet (Ayam Geprek) (S$7.50)
- Smashed Chicken Cutlet (Ayam Geprek) Mozarella Cheese (S$8.50)
- Fried Prawns (Udang Goreng Penyet) (S$8.50)
Here are some photos of their food:
Check out their full menu here.
Halal-certified outlet at Downtown East
So far, only the outlet here has the MUIS halal certification, although D’Penyetz claims they’ve always been using 100% halal ingredients ever since they opened.
Whilst we await for their JEM outlet to get halal certified, here are some shots of the Downtown East outlet:
Address: 1 Pasir Ris Close e!Hub, @Downtown East, #02-110, Singapore 519599
Halal status: MUIS Halal-certified
Opening hours: 11am to 9:30pm daily
Islandwide Delivery: https://dpenyetz.pickngosg.com/
Facebook | Instagram | Website