The Fabulous Baker Boy, a bakery cafe once located at The Foothills of Fort Canning, has moved to Aliwal Arts Centre in the Kampong Gelam district.
Today, the cafe announced on social media that it has successfully received halal certification from MUIS.
Here’s what the cafe looks like:
The new space is significantly bigger than its previous location, and comfortably sits 70 diners within its cool and casual environs.
Big Love Bakery & Soul Kitchen
The cafe’s tagline is immortalised in a big neon sign on one of the walls, giving customers an idea of what to expect in its menu. And there is a lot to look forward to.
Early risers or all-day brunch-ers will relish on the cafe’s breakfast and brunch offerings, while sweet-toothed dessert seekers will not be disappointed by the array of cakes, pastries and beverages available.
Here are some brunch and savoury items on the menu:
- Good Ol’ Eggs Benny (from S$14)
- Fab Fry Up With Turkey Bacon (S$28.50)
- TFBB Fried Chicken and Waffles (S$24)
- Ju’s Prawn Pasta (S$24.50)
- Chilli Crab Mac & Cheese (S$24)
- FAB Duck Confit (S$24)
- Chilli Crab Mac & Cheese (S$24)
If you’re here for post-meal desserts, the bakery doesn’t disappoint. TFBB has over 14 cakes in its repertoire, and recently added tarts into the mix as well.
Even if you’re dining here, it would be a crime to leave without trying at least one cake!
Here are some cake options you can expect with hilarious names and descriptions:
- Big Lub Carrot Cake (S$10) – A great classic with a few twist, by adding coconut and cranberries the cake immediately takes a new turn of textures. Filled with a sour cream, vanilla and cream cheese frosting.
- Valrhona Chocolate Cake (S$10) – Chocolate cake never taste this good and so light. Best devoured at room temperature. Warning contains 70% cacao.
- Nutty Monkey (S$10) – Banana coconut cake with a luscious layer of a Valrhona chocolate sponge filled with a Swiss meringue peanut butter cream and covered with an additional topping of Valrhona ganache.
- The Bette Midler (S$10) – The Layers of Earl Grey sponge filled with an Earl Grey Swiss Meringue Buttercream, lemon emulsion and topped with a Blueberry Swiss meringue Buttercream
- THE HOSSAN LEONG (S$11) – 10 layers of butter torte and filled with hazelnut praline and covered with a Valrhona chocolate ganache and topped with a sea salt chocolate crumb.
Sourdough and tarts
If you’re looking for loaves of bread or little treats to bring home, TFBB has them too! From white to multi-grain, TFBB’s sourdough game is strong here. We suggest grabbing several loaves at once as they’re all baked fresh daily.
But if dainty, sweet treats are more your thing, TFBB’s latest tart offerings might pleasure your taste buds.
There are available in a set of 4 different flavours for S$25 via pre-orders on thefabulousbakerboy.com.
Here are the tart flavours:
- THE TEASE : Lemon Emulsion & Swiss Meringue
- THE MAESTRO : Frangipane & Pear
- THE OL SKOOL : Banoffee Tart
- THE ADDICT : Chocolate & Crunchy Praline
- THE CLASSIC : Frangipane & Seasonal Fruit
Alternatively, you might want to check out TFBB’s Brioche Sticky Buns (S$32 for 6, S$64 for 12). Similar to the tarts, the sticky buns are part of their online specials and must be ordered at least 3 days in advance.
Top photos from The Fabulous Baker Boy and @iris.nihao on Instagram.