If you’re searching for wallet-friendly Japanese food with a Singaporean twist, Abang Curry is worth considering.
Abang Curry is a relatively new brand that combines different sauces, Japanese panko, and charcoal-grilled meat to create a delicious feast inspired by the rich and diverse flavours of Asian cuisine.
There are currently 2 Abang Curry Outlets: Jem and Bedok South Horizon.
And most importantly, Abang Curry is MUIS halal-certified.
First and foremost, the stall offers a trio of sauces to go with their mains. They are:
- Nanyang Curry
- Lemak Sauce
- Pineapple Satay Sauce
Either sauce can be added to an array of mains, such as:
- Shiok Shiok! Chicken Rice (S$7.90)
- Panko Chicken Rice (S$8.90)
- Chicken Wings Rice (S$8.90)
- Charcoal Grilled Chicken Rice (S$8.90)
- Otah Panko Rice (S$9.90)
- Fish Panko Rice (S$9.90)
- Ebi Panko Rice (S$9.90)
- Charcoal Grilled Salmon Rice (S$10.90)
- Charcoal Grilled Squid Rice (S$11.90)
- Chicken & Ebi Panko Rice (S$13.90)
- Charcoal Grilled Beef Rice (S$14.90)
- Charcoal Grilled Chicken & Salmon Rice (S$15.90)
Customers can opt for noodle instead of rice too.
Aside from mains, a variety of sides is also available, with interesting ones such as Begedil Panko (3pcs for S$4.90) and Satay Up Fries (S$5.90).
Interestingly, the stall also sells Curry Puffs (S$2/pc) – great as a tea time snack.
If you’re still on the fence about fusion Japanese Curry, Abang Curry has received numerous favourable reviews praising its quality, generous portion sizes, and affordability.
With Japanese curry starting from S$13.90 at a popular chain restaurant, we think Abang Curry offers reasonably priced alternatives to aid in our perpetual cravings for Japanese cuisine.
And with 2 outlets on both the eastern and western parts of Singapore, getting some Abang Curry should be an easy task for most of us.
Have you tried Abang Curry? Let us know what you think below.
1. 50 Jurong Gateway Road #05-01 Jem, Singapore 608549
2. 152A Bedok South Road #01-01 Bedok South Horizon Kopitiam Corner, Singapore 461152
Halal status: MUIS halal-certified
10am to 10pm daily
Instagram | Facebook
Top photos by Abang Curry Facebook and @3mealsnotenough/instagram