Several months after it was temporarily closed due to measures taken to curb the coronavirus pandemic, Sinful Cakes will reopen.
But instead of resuming full operations like other F&B establishments, the bakery will begin with a trial first.
Sinful Cakes has set September 6 opening date at its Kensington Square location.
It was on March this year that the home-based business turned brick-and-mortar officially opened shop.
Before the business could stand on its feet, the Circuit Breaker measures kicked in, forcing them to bring down the shutters on the one-month old shop.
Despite that, Sinful Cakes was quick to pivot to online sales by selling their baked goods on Shopee.
Every week from Wednesday to Saturday, at 1PM, a selection of their popular macarons, burnt cheesecakes, NYC-style cookies and more, is made available for sale.
However, these get sold out in minutes every time.
For now, it seems like Sinful Cakes is finally ready to welcome its legions of fans back to the store.
In an announcement made on its Instagram, Sinful Cakes said it will re-open this Sunday, September 6, albeit as a trial run.
Besides its ultra popular macarons, an exclusive walk-in item will also be returning: their doughnuts.
The Italian bombolini style doughnuts filled with a myriad of pastry cream fillings are extremely popular yet rarely put up for sale, so lucky customers are in for a treat this weekend.
To keep crowd control manageable, Sinful Cakes also advise customers walking in to adhere to the following rules:
- We will only be accepting contactless payment, via Favepay or Paynow QR code.
- No dining in is allowed.
- All customers are to be wearing masks upon entry, and also, to scan the safe entry QR code.
- Temperature taking and sanitising of hands will also be done, before entry is allowed.
- For those in groups, a maximum of 5 per group is allowed, both in store and in the queue.
- Please adhere to social distancing rules as well, by following the tape that will be stuck on the floor.
Sinful Cakes is Muslim-owned, and is located at 2 Jln Lokam, #01-50 Kensington Square, Singapore 537846.
Images above by Sinful Cakes.